Volunteer Opportunities at the Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
We are always looking for friendly volunteers to act as hosts, docents, or to work in the machine shop.
Why Volunteer at the Museum?
- You will learn about incredible craftsmen and their work.
- You can meet people with similar interests.
- You’ll help inspire museum visitors, and share in their excitement.
- You have the opportunity to use your skills in a meaningful, helpful, and engaging way.
- Most importantly, you’ll have some FUN!
Docents / Hosts
Museum volunteers act as hosts and docents. They greet guests as they arrive, show them around the display area, and explain exhibits. You don’t need to be a machinist or engineer to volunteer. Volunteers of many backgrounds find the museum’s content to be inspiring, and their time shared with visitors rewarding.
Machinists / Skilled Craftsman
Our in-house machine shop is manned by our master machinist; however, we invite others to help with our ongoing projects on a volunteer basis. Projects built in the museum shop become part of the display or can be made available to museum guests for a donation. The museum is a great place to be if you enjoy spending time around fellow machinists, model makers, and craftsmen.