Elmer A. Wall began designing and manufacturing casting kits for miniature internal combustion engines during the Great Depression (1929-1941) and continued until his death in 1948. Among his designs was this 45 cc air cooled 4-cycle engine with overhead valves. He advertised that the engine was so well balanced that it would, “start on the first turn-over if machined properly,” and that it would idle down to a tick or roar full speed when the throttle is opened. The engines were produced by Wall’s Model Engine Laboratory, Chicago, Illinois. This engine is 8”-long, 12”-wide, and 7”-high.