The Morton M5 5-cylinder radial engine was designed and built by Morton Aviation, Kearney, NB, 1949. The M5 was originally manufactured in the 1940’s and was the first miniature radial engine made for model airplanes. It was designed by Glen Morton and was based on the full-size LeBlond radial aircraft engines made in 1928. The radial engine was much more powerful and reliable than the old rotary design and was used to power large aircraft such as airliners and World War II-era bombers. The engine is 7”-long, 15”-wide, and 6”-high.